Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Here it is





I believe I am the most unphotogenic person in the world. I literally freeze when I see a camera, and while I look utterly disgusted in the bottom pic, I am actually very happy with how the sunrise finally turned out, after much prodding.

Anyway, I used Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed, in Highland. This is the size 37, with many blocking modifications, and I sewed up the front. I think it may need a little more tweaking - maybe I'll resew the front again.

I used just under 8 balls, which was way under the yarn spec. It's a beautiful yarn, my favourite ever. And thanks to my delightful BF, I now have a closeup of the yarn to show you - not as bright as in daylight, but you can now see some of the flecky tweedy loveliness of it!

9 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful - what a gorgeous colour.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger noisy girl said...

Why thanks Anne! In the daylight it is a beautiful Emerald green with pale grey/blue, yellow, light green and navy flecks.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, very looks comfortable - I look forward to sleeping on it, if you ever take it off.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger noisy girl said...

Why thankyou noisygirl's cat! No chance, none at all, you have your rug!

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

It looks great. I love the green.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I love it!

I bought my buttons on eBay from a UK seller - here's the link http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Couture-buttons-and-trimmings

They are made from olivewood and were only 35p each!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger noisy girl said...

Thanks Laura - I'm so thrilled that the buttons are out there and still for sale!

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great - I am going to sew my front up this weekend - think I will wear it more!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger noisy girl said...

Donni - to sew it up I used a kind of matress stitch technique - well, as much as you can do this on a curved angle. I found it best to stitch in from the edge at least a centimetre - so that if there's any 'pullage' when you put it on, you don't see the stitching. I hope this makes sense - if not, please ask!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home