Wednesday, June 07, 2006

That's Weird!

Here's a cool Co-incidence.

A couple of months ago Clair from Xotik Yarns asked me if I have any Red Karabella Soft Tweed for an overseas over she was processing. I had one ball and sent it off. Sadly, I might add, as I had thought about making my Sunrise Circle Jacket in the Red. Seeing as it was gone I got her to send me the blue colour that you see my Jacket now becoming. End of that part of the story. Nothing Special about that

Far far away a blogger called Sharon who lives in Ireland started her Sunrise Jacket when she got Clair's yarn....but came up short a few balls. She started to search for the same yarn - same dye-lot - no joy. Her project stalled.

When fishing through my stash last month I found 2 lonely balls of yarn. Red Soft Tweed to be exact. They have been sitting on my desk as I kept day-dreaming about what scarf to make out of them.

Forward a few weeks. I posted here about my Jacket and my thoughts on it. A few bloggers offered words of encouragement about how theirs had looked strange too but to keep going with it. Still nothing too special.

I love finding out where bloggers are from so when Sharon from Ireland left me a comment I had a wander around her blog. Always wanted to get to Ireland myself and love Irish Music so had a really nice day-dream reading her blog - and read all about weaving mills and lovely villages and right down the very very very bottom of her blog there was a post about her knitting up a Jacket but running out of yarn and waiting to hear from the person she bought the yarn from to see if she could find any other balls to finish the project. She didn't mention the type of yarn in that particular post but she showed a photo of it - and I recognised it as Soft Tweed.

Cue drumroll and Lightbulb moment!

I emailed her to ask if she had bought the yarn from Clair and you have probably worked out the answer as yes.....and I have the 2 balls she needs in the same dyelot sitting her on my desk. Tomorrow they wing their way to Ireland. How cool is that! Can you beat that for blogger co-incidences around the world? Here it is Sharon! Proof! :)

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Annie said...

That's a cool story!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger noisy girl said...

That's quite remarkable! I love these kinds of stories!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home