Tuesday, June 27, 2006

M1R - painfully difficult!

I'm finally onto the right front, the bit with the 'circle' increases, and I'm finding the M1R increase really really hard. Sure, I did a few of these early on, but it seems nearly impossible to get my needle into the stitch - does anyone have any tips? At the moment I envisage moments of extreme rage (!) and RSI as there are many, many M1R increases in this section.

Any help much appreciated... :)

It sure has been very quiet around here of late...!

4 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

My only advice is to persist. M1Rs are definitely more awkward than M1Ls so they'll never flow as quickly, but persist long enough and you'll get there.
Try inserting the right hand needle into the correct spot before you raise the left hand needle too tightly and this might help a bit.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger noisy girl said...

Thanks Paisley - I will try that - it's so hard to get that needle in. I suppose the more I do it, the easier it will get! Thanks!!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger noisy girl said...

Have found a way to make it easier. Before I try to knit this stitch, I lift it up a bit first by putting the needle in it as if to purl, then I grab hold of the loosened loop with my thumb, and then knit as instructed. Just in case any one else has this trouble too - this helps a lot!

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sort of pushed the stitch to the front before putting my needle in. It sort of loosened up the wrap a bit. I agree, persist and try a few things. It will get easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home