Friday, August 04, 2006

Finally, my finished Sunrise

I'm not quite as brave as Donni, I didn't take to the jacket with hot water and agitation to shrink it, but I did take to the sleeves with the scissors. Once I'd unpicked the seam I picked up all the stitches with a circular needle before I snipped. Doing both sleeves only took me an evening and wasn't nearly as bad as I'd anticipated. My sleeves look a bit wider than most people's as I put some extra width in my sleeves to begin with (I don't like my sleeves so close fitting) and compensated with extra raglan decreases. I ended up going with these turquoisey toggle-shaped buttons. I'm not 100% sold on the colour, but I can always change them later if I find something nicer.

In hindsight, I would have knit the next size down (but continuing with the extra sleeve width) as the jacket leaves plenty of (almost too much) room for layering underneath. However I've been getting a fair bit of wear from it since I finished it a couple of weeks ago so it won't end up as a knitted white elephant.

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great - well done on finishing it and getting a good fit from it too.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger noisy girl said...

It certainly is a lovely soothing colour! I thought the sleeves were too narrow too in this pattern... happy wearing!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jeannine said...

What size did you select? I am curious, because I casted on the largest size (due to bust measurements) and it seems really large. I am thinking of going a size down.

It looks great. You must be thrilled to be finished.

Jeannine

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Jeannine - I knit the largest size, based on bust and anxiety about sleeve width. But if I did it again, I'd knit a size down and just fiddle about with sleeve width (and length), which isn't that difficult.
Cheers, P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home