Sunday, May 14, 2006

Triumph!

When last we caught up with our interpid knitter, she was encircling her Sunrise with a large green frog, about to do battle. We're happy to report that Mr. Frog did not need to nibble more than a little of the upper back to make it fit properly.

However, the services of the elegant Mr. Frog somehow were needed at the sleeve cuffs, to the tune of three inches plus the hem. I haven't the foggiest idea why that happened, other than maybe I have really, really short arms.

But anyhoo, it's done! Details on the blog if ya need 'em. And thanks everyone, I really enjoyed knitting along with everyone, and I'm very tempted to knit this again in a solid color, maybe even add some fair isle or texture along the jacket fronts.

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Wow! This is so beautiful. I can't believe how wonderful that yarn looks for this pattern. I think if I like the fit of mine well enough when I finish it to do it in a more expensive yarn, I am going to copy you!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

Hey - great work! It looks so pretty!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Darcy said...

Lovely!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I love the colour. I have this sneaky suspicion that I will have to frog some of the sleeve back from the cuff and I've already made the arms shorter than the pattern suggests and I don't think my arms are freakishly short. Perhaps Kate G has long arms?

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..that really does look lovely. The "stripes" are dynamite! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home