Sunday, June 04, 2006

Maybe it's an Aussie thing....

Cause I have a problem with the sleeves too!

Dang!

As I am using Karabella Soft Tweed my gauge and rows are spot on (PHEW!). At least I don't have to worry about that side of things.

But - as you can see I am measuring at 33'ish Cm's ( I am making the 41"/104cm size)...and I am on row 77. Schematics say that at the the 2nd part of the sleeve should total 33.5 cms but I have another 3 rows (not counting purl rows) left to do before I get to 2 stitches.....but boy howdy it is so long....

I am thinking about just knitting 2 tog to move on - I think that should work - it seems so long up my neck. I read Paisley's comments she received so I guess I could do the same thing at the end if it is too long. Spooky!

Apart from that I am still really enjoying the knit - just a little nervous that the whole thing is going to SWIM on me.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Well my sleeves worried me too when I was knitting them - but they ended up fitting without alteration. Funny thing - my row gauge was off (longer) but stitch gauge was perfect - so go figure!

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im knitting the same size and I'm worried too about the sleeves. I have gauge but everything seems so big. I may just have to perform some "surgery" when all is done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home