Monday, May 22, 2006

newly finished!

I started over after making one and discovering I'd misjudged my mom's size (it was a gift for her). Here's the redo (a bit small on me):

sunrise circle jacket w/o buttons
I'm really happy with it. I made a handful of modifications in order to "improve" on the last one as best I could, including attempting more professional-looking decreases and finessing the shaping at the back. None of my modifications were necessary, but it was fun to think of ways to make an already great sweater into what I wanted it to be. Read all about the changes on my blog.

This pattern is so delightfully easy and fast, I still enjoyed knitting it a second time. Of course, I was planning on making myself one, too—that's going to have to wait a few months! I figure I might as well wait until early fall to do the third one, especially because I can't bear the thought of doing 3 in 4 months :) Good luck with all of yours as you progress!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Well done on getting through that second attempt so quickly. I'm plodding along slowly, but hopefully I'll finish in the next week.
The jacket looks great by the way!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

It looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home