Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The end is sight... I hope


Sunrise Circle Jacket back
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
Left sleeve and front - tick
Right sleeve and front - tick
Back - darts are complete, just commenced the raglan decreases.

I thought I was going to cut it pretty fine with the amount of yarn I had left, so today I went and bought another ball of yarn. Would you believe, 5 or 6 weeks later and at a different store to last time, I managed to match the dye lot. I'm guessing that it must have been a very big batch but I'm still pretty impressed nonetheless.

I'm a little concerned about the length of the sleeves. Holding them up against my arms, I'm guessing that I'll have to try and frog back some of the cuffs. It may also end up being quite high-necked. Time will tell.

On a positive note, I really love that s2kp2 double decrease technique. I can think of a couple of other patterns on which it would be worth trying this one out.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

I kept thinking the sleeves were way too long too - they weren't. It's just that you are not used to the sleeves forming part of the neck.

That was great luck getting the same dye lot!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Thanks for that - I guess I'll just have to have a little faith that it will turn out ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home