Friday, March 17, 2006

The Sun Riseth, Finally

We have a yarn, ladies and gentlemen. I spent several hours on-line last night, comparing prices and yardage and colors and sales and shipping costs, finally deciding I would go to WEBS on Saturday and invest in Tahki's Donegal Tweed, which is a yarn I just love. Plus, I'd have an excuse to visit WEBS, which is a vaguely-local yarn shop for me.

So Friday morning I got my oil changed and bought Bushmill's Irish Cream for my Celtic Sweetie and went to my really-LYS, Emily's Needlework, Athol, Massachusetts, and bought this:
For, oh, considerably more than what the Donegal Tweed would have cost. But I supported my lovely LYS and didn't waste time and gas driving an hour to WEBS and got to cast on tonight. It's Katia's Mexico, 50% wool, 50% ahem, acrylic, with lovely gradual color changes from turquoise to deep blue to yellowy-green and back again. Soft and with a very nice feel, considering the ahem, acrylic.

Life is good.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Oh, it looks GORGEOUS! Good for you for starting! I'm procrastinating out of fear. Soon, soon, after a few more of you get further along :).

Way to support your LYS! And not waste gas :).

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Beautiful colors!
And I hope to hit Webs tomorrow...it's about 30 minutes from me.
But it's a dangerous spot. ;)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Very pretty colours...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home