Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Now What?


I swatched the Cherry Tree Hill wool boucle (Oceania, in the colorway Quarry Hill). Nice, makes gauge, but I think the fabric is a bit on the limp side for this jacket. Sigh.... What do you think, gang, do I need a fabric more on the sturdy side for this jacket?

And my Handmaiden Ottawa yarn in the color Dragonfly came today! Lovely ... but somehow I thought this was 18 stitches to 4 inches, but it's 22 stitches to 4 inches. I blame the sale sticker. [Sorry, no pic of yarn, I'm wiped out tonight.]

So, now what? Must I set out again along the Grand Yarn Crawl to find a yarn worthy of this pattern? Or shall I sensibly choose Elann's wool/llama aran-weight, the name of which escapes me, in the rich Mulberry color?

Ah, if I only had a brain...

3 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said...

The colors are so pretty in your photo, but the jacket needs a denser yarn, I think. The karabella is knitting up beautifully . . . if only I had a brain . . . see my post above yours?

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Really it depends what you want and like...it's pretty! I think you may be able to pull it off, but perhaps more experienced folks will have an actually thoughtful and informed response for you.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

But this will look really neat as the circle starts appearing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home