Monday, March 13, 2006

all i need are buttons

Living just off Fabric Row in Philly is convenient, yes, but frustrating too--all the stores close at 5pm! Wednesdays they stay open later, but I have plans. This might have to wait until the weekend for its conclusion.
sunrise circle jacket: all but buttons
This is a very close approximation to the color.
Thanks for all the encouragement when I left off with just the left part sewn on last night; it helped me want to keep going tonight.

I put it on, and I like it a lot--but the piece is intended for my mother, a woman more petite than I. Once it's all done I'll try to model it, but I'm not sure how that's going to look, and I don't want anyone to be dismayed at an ill-fitting piece when it's because I'm too large for the size I made! I'm close to that size, so it's not awful, but just putting it on briefly tonight showed me that it came out really great--the Wool of the Andes feels sturdy enough, the piece hits just above my hips (a perfect length for this jacket, to my mind), and the half circles overlap just enough. All my previous concern is gone! Happiness.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger hootsister said...

Mintyfresh that looks fantastic! I hope mine looks half as nice. I just started the right side so I have a ways to go but yours is an inspiration. -hootsister :)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Katy said...

It looks great...inspiration for me to keep going on mine!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hey Minty -- congrats! I've added you to the finished list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home