Tuesday, March 14, 2006



Yay! I finished the left side today. Those rows really get to be enormous by the time you're working on the hem. I forget who it was, but during the knit olympics, one of the big name bloggers complained about details... Spending 10 rows knitting a hem that no one else is ever going to see, for example. But I know it's there, and that makes all the difference, I suppose.

I got tired of looking at the sleeve and the back curling themselves into little knit sausages, so I spent some time (20 minutes at midnight, mind you!) steam blocking, and everything got nice and pretty. It may be a pain counting out the increases for the circle, but it does make a nicely arced line. I am pleased as punch, except for the fact that now I have to do it again. Right side... *sigh* FYI- the top picture is more accurate color-wise.

(I also hate weaving in ends. Does it show?) *grin*

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Heather said...

The thing about the hem is that if it wasn't there, the jacket would be "floppy". So, in a way it does get "seen" because it holds the shape and gives it a nice finished edge. That's just how I feel. :-) Seaming is the devil, however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home