Wednesday, March 15, 2006

May I lodge a complaint . . .

About MYSELF????
First of all, each of your posts are so inspiring and beautiful and successful--and then there's my jacket. After frogging the back several times, I finally finished the collar, and attempted to bind off in a 3 needle technique to avoid the seaming, as I did ever so successfully at the bottom of the back. I kept checking my progress on the right side, and was quite pleased with myself (always a sign of ill things to come!) . . . When I finished, to my horror the seam wasn't straight. Hmmmmmmm: guess I will rip it out, and attempt it more carefully--well, let's just say that removing the bind-off isn't quite as easy as you may imagine: yarn frays and breaks, yarn knots up, yarn doesn't let the stitches give away . . . you get the picutre.. I was so frustrated, I decided to put it down, and attempt it over the weekend, when I would (hopefully) have more patience.

I decided to cast-on for the sleeve--46 stitches as per the pattern. As I knitted, I thought about how wide it looked. Despite my rather endowed chest (the reason for making the size 41, along of course with my "curvey" hips--ugh), I am sort of small bones. The cuff at 48 seemed too big. Riiiiiiiiiiiiippppp: let's try 44 stitches.

I have been working on this thing all night, and I feel like I haven't made a stitch of progress. I may go read . . . Then again, I may cast on for my sleeve. Would you believe I thought I might be wearing this to a dinner party next Thursday??!! mmmm . . . right.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Oh dear. Good idea to give it a rest, MelissaJoon. Be patient, you may wear it next Thursday yet!

You are inspiring me! I haven't even done my gauge yet, but I am a little nervous.

Hugs to you.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh no, I think we all feel your pain. But don't beat yourself up about it - I know it will all work out and in the end you will have a great jacket to wear. Leave it for a day or so, then pick it back up and hopefully everything will go just fine. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home