Tuesday, March 14, 2006

1 Step Forward 3 Steps Back

O.K. my yarn for the Sunrise Circle Jacket came in last week. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! The color is so rich looking, dark green with little specks of red -- looks just like a forest. I guess that is why the color name is Deep Forest Green.
As per the recommendation from you wonderful knitter working on the pattern I started the pattern on the left sleeve. I have also been reading up on turned and knitted hems [using crochet cast-on]. I decided to try this method.....o.k. I had to knit the beginning and hem 4 times before it worked out but I love the look. It is so finished and I do a horrid job of hemming or seaming. Got that step down pretty well.
At any rate I spent a VERY rainy [and snow...yeah snow in Southern California] weekend and got to the point of beginning the front panel. 107 rows - 17 1/2" of knitting -- pretty good huh.

But here is the step back story. You know there is a story to this don't you? Well yesterday while scanning the knitty coffeeshop I came across a posting from ENTRELAC with the most excellent pictures of twisted vs non-twisted stitches. I went home looked real hard at my sleeve and how I was knitting. Following ENTRELAC guidance I knit the next several rows. Guess what they are not twisted...Unfortunately the other 107 rows are! I have taken a DEEEEEEEEP breath and tonight I guess I rip it all out. Well at least I should be able to do the hem turn with out any problems.
I took pictures of the sleeve todate and tried to show the difference in the stitches. I will try to get them posted soon.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh, MadDog, I'm so sorry about your twistedness! That's really virtuous of you to rip it all ouyt. I would have been severely tempted to call it a "design feature"and knit the whole jacket with twisted stitches.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hey MadDog, what a bummer. But do put up those pics -- then at least you can call it educational. (Makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time, doesn't it? :)

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Oh holy crap! What was twisted? All your stitches? I'm confused. Pictures, please. And you are so strong to rip that much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home