Thursday, March 16, 2006

My first post

This is my very first KAL. I have been a knitter for most of my life (I learned when I was about 5 years old - climbed on my mother's lap and asked her to teach me :)) and have made many knitted garments over that time.

I do like things with a challenge - and that's why this pattern jumped out at me.

To my surprise, I managed to find an Aussie online yarn store that had the exact yarn used in the pattern....and it was on sale - YIPPEE.

So I ordered a lovely shade of blue.This is where it started to get a little shaky. They only had limited stock of that shade - and not enough for me to make this jacket.

So I had to choose between Dark Grey and Cream - the only two shades they had enough of, in stock.

I decided Dark Grey would be better...mainly because I would never be able to keep a Cream jacket clean.

So we were off and flying again - YAY!

My order arrived in the mail today. The shade is gorgeous! Love it. I think it may even be better than the blue I originally chose.

BUT.......There's a problem. I only count 10x50g balls. I need 12!!!! ARGH!

So I have emailed the online store...and am waiting to hear back (I swear, I may just give up altogether if they can't send the other 2 balls I need...maybe)

So here's a pic of my yarn (it is beautiful yarn)

5 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, I love that color!!! I have my fingers crossed that they will send you the other two balls you need. I'd hate to see you throw in the towel before even starting!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Keep the faith, Veronica, you'll find a way to make it work.Mary Mary compiled her yarn for this project from a bunch of different ebay auctions!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

If it's only 2 balls of another dye lot you may be able to mix them in by alternating every other row on the back or something too.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Good news! They have the 2 balls of wool and are mailing it to me today :)

I was too excited last night and started anyway...hoping I could get the yarn ;)

I'll post an update later with pics

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger MadDog Knitting said...

Oh so GLAD to hear you will get the other two balls [why does that sound nasty?]. I know what you mean about getting to excited and starting to knit before you were sure. I wanted to go right home and start knitting as soon as I received my yarn [it came to my workplace].

 

Post a Comment

<< Home