Coming Out of Lurkdom
I have been reading posts for a while but haven't had my act together enough to post. So--hi! I started this project as my Olympic Knitting Project, but failed miserably due to life circumstances and my unwillingness to give up sleep in addition to neglecting my job and family. (The housework, well, I gladlly neglected that.) Here is a picture from two weeks ago--I am now almost finished with the right front (in addition to the left) and the back is cast on.
The yarn is Paton's "au naturel", a blend of cotton, wool, and linen. It was discontinued several years ago and I got 20 balls of it for a song. I initially used ten balls of it to make a Really Boring Cardigan with sleeves that were too snug. So I abandoned the cardigan and the leftover yarn in the bottom of one of my stash bins. Lo and behold, it knit up at the right gauge for this project, and so far I'm liking how it is knitting up. Keep your fingers crossed that the jacket will actually fit me!