Saturday, May 06, 2006

My Chocolate Sunrise is done



Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Chocolate
Size 35 with no mods.
Started: 17 March 2006
Finished: 5 May 2006
The pattern was really self explanatory and I think it came out really well. If I made it again I would make a size bigger, so it's longer, but shorten the sleeves. The yarn was perfect gauge but seemed to have really bulky joins in almost every ball. It seemed like they'd glued two strands together to join the yarn. When knitted the join wouldn't bend and created a small hole in the garment. I recommend cutting these joins out when you come to them, then rejoin the yarn by "spit felting". I used that method when changing balls, so I had no ends to weave in. How great is that! More pics on my blog.

6 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!

One question, though, I'm doing the same size, and I was wondering if the yarn estimates were correct.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Looks great, yay!

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger knitannie said...

I ordered 10 balls of Wool of the Andes and I have one ball and a tiny bit left over. I did knit down all hems, so that saved some yarn from seaming.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Helen said...

It looks great, I think the size is OK for you..
Greetings from Denmark...

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

That looks fantastic on you! If mine fits me anywhere near so well as that, I'll be very pleased!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

Gorgeous! May I ask what size you generally are? I'm a 6 or 8 and I'm vacillating between the 35 and the 37.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home