Thursday, May 04, 2006

FO, FO, FO me a Sweater

It's DONE; and I'm loving it!!!

Very nice fit, I love the length that my worked out to...it is a bit longer than the pattern shows but for me that works out great [I prefer my stuff long or else I am always pulling things down, I hate an exposed back]



I ended up using buttons instead of toggles. I received several sets of WONDERFUL vintage buttons from my bestest friend that she found at a yard sale. One of the set was 4 [perfect #] wooden button in the shape of leaves. As my jacket color is Deep Forest they are PERFECT!!

8 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like the length! Great looking jacket. What yarn did you use?

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I love the longer length. It suits you perfectly. congratulations

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I agree--the longer length looks great. How'd it turn out that way!? It's so nicely tailored to you, too, so that makes it look even nicer. You'll definitely get a lot of wear out of it.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Very nice - great modeling :)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Yes, how did you get it so long?!

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger knitannie said...

Great length, I wish mine was like that. It looks great on you.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Inspiring. Love the buttons too.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger MadDog Knitting said...

sorry I wasn't trying to hold out on you about the length.

I guess the length occured because although the stitches per inch matched the pattern the row gage was 24 rows per 4" instead of the pattern's 28 rows. This ended up making a slightly larger curve [I also ended up with extra long sleeves, which I may need to remedy.]

I used Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran in color Deep Forest which is a very dark green with tiny bits of red. I absolutly love the color and texture.

Thank you all for your compliments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home