Tuesday, March 21, 2006

this sun also rises

I started last night!


sleeve Posted by Picasa

I'm using the Soft Tweed in cranberry (like the other cool kids). This yarn is great, I will use it again.

I used the hem method as well. I don't mind seaming, but I won't do it when the three needle join works so nicely. Besides, I find the improved crochet cast on fun to do and rip out.

I started on the sleeve, since the size 37" just a bit small for my bust and I may have to play with the back modifications by an inch. Also, sleeves bore me to tears and I like to start them first while I'm still in the honeymoon period of a project.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

"the honeymoon period of a project" -- hadn't thought of it that way but I know exactly what you're talking about!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Karen said...

The minute I saw that picture my first though was "when did I post my sleeve??" LOL I'm using Soft Tweed Cranberry too and in the same place on my sleeve!!! Twinsies. :) Needless to say, I'm loving your sweater.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Kate said...

The directions for the front are the same for all sizes. Each size just stops at a different point. Just work the front until you are happy with the size, work a turning row and then work the last 9 rows you worked before the turning row in backwards order and working decs instead of incs. Make sense?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

Kate, yes, that makes sense. So I should try it on before the last turning row on my size and see if it fits and judge from there? Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home