Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh, grumblepfuss...

Last sleeve increase....done.

Let's see - should be at 64 stitches. Two, four, six...yep, 64.

15 and 1/2 inches long....oopsie. 19. That's nineteen, people, and I checked my row gauge - I really did!! Waaaaah...

Oh, well, the frogs come out of hibernation about now in this part of the world, so - rip it, rip it.

Start over, place sleeve increases every two inches, regardless of row number. Fine. I like knitting, right?

But that means the fronts need rethinking. Or I should knit a smaller size (but my stitches per inch is correct). Let's see - if the fronts are x inches from the armpit out to the edge, and y stitches along that edge, all I have to do is rework that in my row gauge, right? Simple...

Yeah, right. Stay tuned till I have the time to do this.

Isn't knitting supposed to be relaxing?

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Just work the increases more often. As long as you have the correct number of sts when you reach the armpit, you can work the front as written.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Thanks, Kate, but I think I figured out how to make the sleeves come out correctly - I'm more worried about the distance from the armpit to the edge of the front. I think that depends on the row gauge, so if I just follow the pattern, won't the fronts turn out to be too wide?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home