Monday, March 20, 2006

Roses and Thorns


Oh, the beauty and the confusion. I cast on and knit half of the left sleeve of my sunrise this weekend and am so thrilled to have started! The Karabella soft tweed is so lovely to look at and to work with! But alas, the sleeve, though it fits the measurements of the pattern, does seem super wide. So I've been waffling -- frog it, go smaller, risk a too-tight sweater? Or keep it, know the body will fit, and deal with wider sleeves?

I'm between sizes -- my favorite looser sweater is 45" at the chest, but my favorite more form-fitting one is 41" or 42". I still can't really envision how much ease would be best for the Sunrise, so I'm having a hard time choose whether to size down!

Any thoughts?

Cross posted here.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I would err on the side of less ease, personally.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Kate said...

go down a size. You can always make the back a bit wider and the front can overlap more or less to make it how you like it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home