Sunday, March 19, 2006

it's really done!

I found buttons--after a long and arduous search (no one seems to have toggle buttons)--and got them sewn on, finally. I wish I could model it and show it off, but it's too small for me, and it looks well, silly on me. It's too short, just barely can be buttoned, etc. I think it will fit my mom--the intended recipient--well, and I look forward to giving it to her. I think I'll give it to her for Mother's Day!

finished sunrise circle jacket!

Full details are on my blog.

7 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Koko said...

Minty--it's just gorgeous!!!
Great job!

It might fit your mother nicely.

Congratulations!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Kate said...

It's fantastic. Congratulations on finishing. What a great present.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

Looks great. Can you post a picture wearing it?

(that goes for everyone, it's more fun to see it on, don't you think?)

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I wanted to show it on, but like I said, it's too small. I agree that shots of finished objects on people are always better than flat shots, but there's no way I can accurately show it!

I will try to get a shot of my mom in it, but I'm not giving it to her until May!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

It looks great - what a pity it is too small for you :( I'm sure your mom will love it though.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That really came out beautiful!! I know your mother is going to love it. Any thoughts on making another for yourself?

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I should make clear that this was always intended as a gift for my mom--it's not just because it's too small! It's deliberately too small :)

And I'm definitely going to make one for myself, once I get a few other things off my plate! (Chocolate brown for me, just like KnitAnnie's.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home