Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sunset Circle Jacket Begins

First, I want to thank Orchid-Wish for selling her stash of Kaleidoscope, Ebay and the US Postal Service for holding and then delivering my mail so I had a nice package waiting for me after Spring Break.

I cast on for the back and then read everyone's posts. I hope I haven't made a mistake doing that--my gauge is coming in a little tighter than instructed, but the yarn is 80% cotton/20%wool so I'm factoring in the cotton's lack of memory to solve that. Hmmm, did I just hear a ribbit ribbit in the background? Another thing, I've been working on size 2 and 3 needles lately and the sevens seem huge. Funny, how I used to live on size 9 and 11s and would cringe at going to a smaller size.

I love the yarn and especially the color. The hot pink moves into purples and oranges with the odd bit of green cropping up. Perfect for jeans and my endless collection of t-shirts. It's knitting up well with no snags and I'm about 4 rows away from the big hem join. Luckily, I've done that before and should get through it ok. I keep reading about how everyone has had to rip multiple times. Forewarned is forearmed, so I'm prepared for some future teeth gnashing and head slaps. Fingers crossed, back to the needles!

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I feel the same way about the needle size! US9 used to be my average, now 6's seem huge!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Yeah, Mary Mary, glad to see you've finally started! Your yarn is beautiful.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Maryland Girl aka Michelle said...

Nice yarn color!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

Gorgeous yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home