Sunday, March 19, 2006

We Have Stripes

Amazing how much one can accomplish, once something's started. I'm almost finished the left sleeve (the first part I started) since casting on Friday night. And yesterday I got to meet up with six other Knittyheads in Boston - see Stariel's blog - and of course we went to yarn shops. At Windsor Button, I bought these:
I'm not sure I like the bright stripes the Katia Mexico is knitting up into, but maybe I'm just a stodgy stick-in-the-mud, and this jacket will push me out of that. I'm thinking for the back of the jacket, I'll work with two balls in intarsia, so that one ball makes the right half and the second ball the left half. That way, the stripes won't be narrower than on the sleeves. What do you all think? I'll deal with the fronts when I get there - which, come to think of it, is pretty much now, since I just have one more sleeve increase and then the straight part. Stay tuned....

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

I like the stripes - I'll be very interested to see how they look on the front.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Familia HP said...

It's gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home