Saturday, March 25, 2006

new kid

Hi all, I've been over on the sidebar for a while now but just got around to actually casting on and, finally, posting.
















I'm doing my SCJ in Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran from elann, in the autumn maple color. I love the yarn and I am crazy about the color - it has bits of gold and pink in the right light, and it's soft but still firm. I'm just starting row 43 of the left front. I did the crochet cast-on knitted-in hem and it looks fantastic - thanks for the advice on that!

I ordered 11 balls for the size 35, but I think I might need one or two more - darn, more shipping costs!

I'm not sure how much I like the M1L increase, it leaves a little bump that is making the texture a little funny. I kind of wish I'd gone with my standard increase of knitting into the right loop of the stitch on the row below, it's pretty invisible.

Back to knitting - I love this pattern!

4 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

That's a very pretty colour!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

hi al! good to have you out of the shadows!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

You may want to wait a bit on the other balls. Just keep a close eye on
the elann stock in your colorway. (the pulldown menu shows the number of the in stock color lot).

I almost bought extra yarn in the project, but I ended up witha ball extra. They burn you o shipping for a few balls.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger al said...

yeah, im thinking i'll finish the left front, then do the back, that way i'll know exactly how much i need for the right front and exactly how much i have left!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home