Tuesday, February 28, 2006

my progress

I started on the left front on Saturday and finished it Sunday night; I'm making slower progress on the right front now that the week has started, but I'm done the increasing on the right arm. Here's where I was Sunday morning (the light is too bad to take a photo now).

sunrise circle jacket

Things are progressing just fine. The m1, k31 sequences were constantly tripping me up--I'd come to the end of the row and be off by a stitch, only to discover I'd only knit 30 stitches betwen making ones earlier in the row. Such a long repeat was too much for me! :)

In general, though, the knitting is going fine (and fast). I'm hoping that with blocking the M1s won't look quite so obvious--their scattered appearance seems a little . . . too random for me right now. I'm also a little concerned by what Kate posted earlier--I want the piece to hang the way it does on the model! We'll see how it all turns out. I'll continue to muse on it and post more updates on my blog.

(I'm making it out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Fern; I'm making the 33.5 size on US 7s.)

6 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger hootsister said...

Hey Mintyfresh, I am also working away on my WOTA in Fern. I am using size 8 needles, and making the 41" size. I am almost at the same point you are.
This is my first time using WOTA, but I did do a swatch and washed it and it did seem to soften up and even out nicely, so I think (hope) it will even out when finished.
Hootsister

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Smokey--I understand entirely, and I think Laura is holding off a bit too to see how they come out. I have no problem being one of the pioneers!

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks for posting, Minty :). It is good to see how it's looking. I was also a little disappointed with Kate's pic on the model -- but she did say that the model was "petite" which I was reading as "short", so I'm still hoping the jacket will hit higher up.

Speaking of progress and alterations, I wonder how Koko's is coming along?

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hi again Minty -- just a question -- did you bell the sleeve or does it just come out like that? I like it!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

No, I didn't bell the sleeve; it's just curling up on itself. I think it might also be because I knit the cuff up as I went instead of leaving it to be sewn later; the cuff is very sturdy, so stays uncurled, but the rest of the stockinette draws in. No fancy footwork there!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Koko said...

Hi!

As I posted on my blog on 14th Feb.(http://kandk.dip.jp/maglia/index.php?itemid=119&catid=21), I just made alteratiohs in my rows because my row gauge is 24 rows, instead of 28 rows, so that my jacket gets proper length like the model on. I used two different scales of graph paper and traced original line carefully. I've done perfectly. So I can get correct size that original instructions shows although my yarn gauge is big different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home