Friday, February 24, 2006

Flying Fingers really does Fly

After great deliberation, and many consultations with my good friend, Sushpi, I called Flying Fingers to order the karabella soft tweed in purple heather yesterday morning. My box of purple heather was on my doorstep this afternoon, along with a nice note from Elise--but no mohair sample yarn--rats!!! And I wanted to order a set of those purple needles but forgot to--double rats!
However, the yarn is lovely: I am crazy about the color, and couldn't wait, so I cast on and knitted a mere 3 rows--gorgeous! While I may feel guilty about the expense (it WAS on sale), I don't feel guilty about the pleasure!

Flying Fingers was wonderful to work with--I live about 90 minutes from the store--I have to get there! But for now, it is back to my Lady Eleanor Shawl, and attempting to earn the medal in the Knitting Olympics! Looking forward to hearing about all your progress--happy knitting!

PS: sorry no photos, but my darling took the camera with him, and he's not returning to the States until Tuesday--look for pics then!

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said...

It is so soft--I did not expect it to be so soft--And when it knits, I want to say it seems slightly felted if that makes any sense. It is definitely worth the $$, and it will definitely be wearable--ie, not itchy.

Now with all that said, I have now progressed to worry #2 (worry #1 is always which yarn( after it is all finished will it look good on me??

Order it, you won't be disappointed!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I just got mine today and I just ordered it! Had a nice hadwritten note and everything! I love the cranberry color and happy I caught the sale!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home