Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My yarn is here!!!!

Hi everyone!! I was really excited to find this KAL because the pattern caught my eye the first time I flipped through the new IK. And I have to share the great yarn ordering experience I had!!

As I began to research the Karabella Soft Tweed called for in this pattern, I found out it was ON SALE at Flying Fingers (as you know from Jackie's post, but a yarn sale is worth repeating!!). By 3:30 pm on Monday I had placed my order.

By Monday evening, I started to worry that perhaps I should have ordered one more ball. So I went back to the web-site, clicked the "contact us" button, and asked if it was too late to add one more ball to the order. First thing Tuesday morning I had an e-mail from Elise telling me that while they usually ship the same day (!!!), my order had not been shipped yet due to the holiday. She gave me instructions on how to add one more ball to my current order and promised she would make it happen.

Now mind you, this was YESTERDAY. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw a box on the front porch today with Flying Fingers tape on it
YARN!!!!
That's right, my Cranberry Karabella Soft Tweed arrived today!! Elise also included a nice postcard with a hand written thank you note and a sample ball of Hopyard Spinnery's Roxanne's Mohair, which they will be carrying soon. (I'm going to need to check that Mohair out!!)

The only problem now is that I have to fight the urge to put aside my tubes of torture Olympic Socks and swatch my new yarn!!! I know, be strong . . . wait until Monday . . . .

8 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Ooooh! I almost got the Cranberry myself, but I succumbed to, get this, the Rose. And I'm not really a pink person. That's some service!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Oh, that's so exciting! I can't wait until mine comes too!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Jealous!

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Koko said...

Marvelous! I love the yarn you chose.

I must go back to Flying Fingers on Jackie's post.

I look forward to your next post.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Angela said...

The yarn is absolutely gorgeous! I'm drooling! I know I am going to be sorry for asking this, but how much? Need to get an idea of what this is going to cost before I can join.
Ang

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Ang,
The Karabella Soft Tweed is pricey -- on sale now at Flying Fingers it's $5.69/ball (I think) but regular price it's $8.50. But there are lots of cheaper options -- check the link in the side bar called "what yarn to use" for some thoughts. Lots of folks are using Wool of the Andes from Knitpicks which is nice (I have some) and costs just $1.79 per ball!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Sherry W said...

I just ordered the same color! You enablers. :P

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hey Karen, have you started the sweater yet? If so, post a pic so we can see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home