Monday, August 14, 2006

Another Sunrise in the making...

Hello, I'm Bettina and I live in Spain. I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

My yarn for the sunrise circle jacket arrived a couple of weeks ago and I started right away. I'm using Alpaca Sport, 100% Alpaca, color 2030. I ordered it from Wollkontor in Berlin.

I have finished the back, left front and have now started on the right front and with the raglan decreases on the right sleeve.

The picture is a progress shot from the back, so far there are no other shots. Unfortunately, the colour does not come out very well.

Once the pieces are blocked, I'm planning on making a pattern of them and then I'll line the jacket. That should give the hem around the front something to hang on to. Unfortunately, while the Alpaca gets gauge perfectly, both stitch and row, it is very light and not dense enough to please me. Therefore the lining.

In regards to the buttons, I am hoping a local glassblower will custom make me five toggles (four plus one spare) to match the colour. I'll have to talk to him and take him a swatch.

Congratulations to all of you, I keep reading everyones posts and your work is beautiful.

T'il next time, Bettina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home