Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hopefully enough yarn...

Hi everyone, after finding a bag of pumpkin orange Jaeger Shetland Aran I went searching for a pattern to match. I finally stumbled on the Sunrise Circle pattern and when I saw the model knew that it'd be perfect. I love how it's different and feminine. My yarn is an alpaca and wool blend so it should be warm enough for those spring nights with a light shirt underneath. I finished my left side, hemmed and all. Fortunately I love seaming so I'm looking forward to putting it all together. My knitted fabric seems soft but fairly dense and sturdy so I hope it holds the shape well. My only worry is if I have enough yarn for it all. I think I might be cutting it close, I think I originally had 6 balls (187 yards each), and I hope it's enough for the 33" version. For now I'm really enjoying this knit and am surprised how fast it's going.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Can you teach me how to love seaming? :)

Can't wait to see some progress shots.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Melissa North said...

I'll try to get a shot of the left side tonight. The yarn has good stitch definition so you can see the increases but I think they'll be less noticable once I wash it and the yarn blooms a bit.

I started to love seaming when I decided to really concentrate while doing it. Trying to get it as even and neat as possible takes patience and concentration. I find it pretty relaxing now, and of course it's brilliant when it all comes together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home