Thursday, April 06, 2006

Taking Care of Loose Ends



I didn't get a lot done at work today but am well satisfied with the day since I did [1] start Wedding Gown shopping [2] register with the Destination Wedding Travel consultant [3] receive delivery on a new Refrigerator [4] go food shopping [5] pick up a FoodSaver and extra rolls of Saver bags (useful for both food and yarn storage-woohoo!) and [6] get to the raglan shaping on both sleeves of the Sunrise Circle Jacket.
The yarn I'm using is a Merino Wool called Amawalk of Mahopac Yarn, made in Italy by Filofin. A local NYC designer was divesting herself of a topheavy work stash last week and I was luckily able to pick up 9 skeins at $0.97 each. Yahootie!

I'd started knitting with the back section where the directions begin, using size 7 needles, but quickly realized that I had to frog. That first section would have fit my big brother, a power lifting champion. I'm thankful to the great notes on fit posted on this KAL which pointed me to start at the sleeves. I decided to swatch before beginning the sleeves (better late than never) and other than losing count and ending up with more stitches then necessary, frogging to that futz point and reworking, it's been fun. I'll post continuing progress on my blog :) http://shizzknit.blogspot.com/

2 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

whew! Busy day there! Looks like great progress on the jacket!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Unbelievable price on that yarn!!! The color looks great too, and looks like it will make a wonderful jacket. Sounds like you're on track now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home