Friday, April 07, 2006

New Blogger

Hey everyone - my name is Lisa and I live on Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada. You can check out my website at - My Daily Distractions. I received an invite from Jackie C. to join the Knit-Along.

I am knitting the jacket with this Naturewoole from Elann.


I have knit all of the back and am working away on the left front. So far I am very impressed with the pattern. It is working out quite well. My row gauge is a tiny bit off, but so far it has not been a big issue. Here is the front portion I am knitting.

The pattern is very easy and clear to follow! I am knitting the 41" even though I am not that size. I want it to be a little looser fitting than the one in the picture. I am long in the arms and torso - so I wanted to be sure that the arm length and torso length would be enough. I figure that I can just overlap the fronts a little more than in the photo since my bust is DEFINITELY not 41".

The colour of the jacket might change once I am finished. I am thinking it might be cuter in red or a salmon pink. But we will see what it looks like completed.

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Welcome to the KAL! Your jacket looks great so far. (Oh, And I love Vancouver)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Hello, Lisa! Your jacket looks like it's working out really well. When you say you're thinking of changing the color after it's finished, are you really going to dye it after you're done? That's very brave and adventuresome of you!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

Hi Lisa - I visited Vancouver Island in November last year....I love your island :)

Looks like you are making great progress on your jacket.

Veronica (in Australia)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home