Thursday, March 02, 2006

thank you

for letting me join. i cast on last night and knit straight through the first skein! i went ahead and knit the hem up after the first ten rows of the body and i decided i'd prefer a picot edge rather than a purled turn row. heres a photo :) i absolutely love the color.

i'm making a smaller size than i think i need because of the sideways rows on the front. see, my row gauge is 24 rows to 4 inches rather than 28. so it will end up bigger than it should be...its a gamble but just maybe it will work :) if not i'll have a sweater 7 inches smaller than my bustline and mom or one of her friends will receive a handknit sweater...

6 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger lesley said...

ps. thats reynolds dover in dark teal :)

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Welcome, dutchess! Your jacket is lovely so far! Creative choice on the picot edge -- I like it!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Love the edging and the color. I'm waiting impatiently on something similar.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Did you knit your cast on edge into your knitting so you won't have to sew up the hem? I think it looks so clean. I was thinking of lining the jacket so I didn't do it that way, but I thought about it. I like the picot edge. I can't wait to see the finished jacket.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

I was curious about whether you knit your cast on edge into your knitting too. If you did, could you post directions? It would save so much hassle!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger lesley said...

yes i did knit up the hem as i went...i learned that trick when i did rogue and i love it i've done it every hem since then...see i detest seaming!!!

i'll put directions is a whole new post so everyone can see in case they don't check comments :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home