Monday, February 20, 2006

yarn ordered!

I'm very excited to make this jacket; I think my mom will really love it. I'm going to make it for her as a surprise gift--maybe Mother's Day (though it will probably count for her birthday, too). If I like it, I think I'll make one for myself.

I only purchased enough yarn to make one, however, to keep my costs down. I went with Knit Picks' Wool of the Andes in Fern. I bought a color card for the yarn, and I'm glad I did--I think the actual color of Fern is nicer than it appears online.

If Hootsister joins the KAL as well, I know there will be at least one other person using this yarn in Fern! Don't mix us up :)

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Makenzie said...

Hi, i would love to join the knit-a-long! I ordered my yarn (KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Pumpkin) today, and I will be starting as soon as it gets here! My email is KenzyRae348@yahoo.com Thank you so much!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger knitannie said...

The knitpicks is a great find but just wondering if it needs to be more tweedy yarn? Any thoughts?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hi Knitannie,
See my post a few down -- where I list a bunch of yarns that might work (I'll put a link to it in the sidebar too!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home