Monday, February 20, 2006

a happy KNITALONG

I couldn't help myself thinking how lovely it would be to knit Sunrise Circle Jacket for a long time. I've longed it since I came across it on the IK's web site almost a month ago. At that time, it was just announcement that full instructions will be posted on web site. So I was waiting for, waiting, waiting... then finally I found it coming out on thier web site. It was really "Wow!"
The instructions didn't seem to me to be complicated, more than anything else, the curves in front make nicer and the side shapes form more feminine looking, aren't they? And I love toggles...

I rushed to look for some yarns on the web site impatiently day after day and to go to a yarn store here in Gothenburg(Sweden). Luckily, I found nice yarn there. I bought 8 balls for the smallest size. The yarn is from ISTEX(Icelandic Textiles Ltd.), Lett-Lopi, #9434 Crimson, 100% pure wool, 109 yd per 50 grams. Both the yardage and the yarn label gauge are almost the same to original yarn that the pattern shows.

The color, crimson, is definitely my personal color. I asked a shop assistant about an undertones of this red color. Her view was "yellow", "not any blue". This is just what I need!

The yarn label gauge is 18 sts. x 24 rows on 5 mm needles and the pattern gauge is 18.5 sts. x 28 rows on 4.5 mm needles. I first tried with 4.5 mm needles however, I usually tend to be a looser knitter, so I failed to adjust my gauge to the pattern gauge. I finally find 4 mm needles to adjust to the pattern gauge completely. But only stitches(18.5), the row's numbers are still big different...
The yarn itself is not stretchy and is very dry to grip. This is the first time I have worked with this kind of yarn. So I needed more time to get used to.

This is my story how much I love the Sunrise Circle Jacket.

I started my jacket on 9th February and I'm currently working on the back.
I have one front and sleeve completed except a hem now, 2nd front and sleeve to go, back almost done.. hopefully.

Here is what I have done..

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Makenzie said...

Your jacket is coming along great! I love the red. I checked out your blog too and you knit beautiful stuff! can't wait to see the finished project!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home