Saturday, November 18, 2006

Finally finished!

Finished the knitting on Sunday, sewed it up on Monday then had to shorten the sleeves on Tuesday (by about 4 inches/10cm).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I found it extremely difficult to get the right tension/gauge for this - I think the only way I would have got the right row tension would have been to use a lighter-weight yarn as well as smaller needles. I am very pleased with the result and have already worn the jacket several times. It has come out a bit bigger and longer than I anticipated from the photos but it is a lovely snuggly garment.
The yarn used is Colinette's "Skye" in copperbeach colourway and I used just over 8 hanks, using Denise interchangeables 4mm/US 6.
Thank you Kate for a wonderful design.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Ansley Bleu said...

Yeah! I heart multi-colored yarns. It looks great.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

Your jacket looks great.

I finished seaming my pieces together and now I am hemming, but I don't know what stitch to use. Can you give me some advice?

Thanks!

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you shorten your sleeves? Mine are 4" too long too! I was thinking of cutting them off, then picking up right at the fold line and knittting in reverse for the hem rows. The thought of tearing out all the beautiful circle front just to shorten the sleeves makes me want to cry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home