Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Criochnaithe*

Finally, finally I have managed to get a photo wearing the lovely Sunrise. I finished it a number of weeks ago and to my shame I have taken 'till now to blog about it. I have been wearing it a lot, it's very cosy and it gets many, many compliments. I had a fun time knitting this and would definately recommend it to others. I had concerns about sleeve length but I decided not to modify the pattern and rectify it later if I needed to, but it wasn't necessary. I am pretty happy with how the sleeve length worked out.

The best part about making this jacket was discovering just how cool knitting bloggers can be. After knitting the back I decided I'd needed to go up a size to make the jacket fit me. Only problem was that I needed an extra two balls of yarn - and I had bought in from an online store in Australia. Bit of a problem! Enter Donni who just so happened to have 2 spare balls of yarn in the same lot number that I needed. Thanks Donni - your yarn went to a good home!

*Criochnaite is Irish for finished.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Ansley Bleu said...

Yeah! It fits you well. I can't wait until mine is done too. I have two sleeves started.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

I love the red! Looks great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home