Tuesday, April 11, 2006

knitting done - seamming ahead

I cast off the last stitch last night - hooray for me!!! Now I have hemming [couldn't figure out how the knit hem the curve], blocking and seaming. I expect that to all take me as long as knitting did. I am a NOVICE at blocking. I am not sure I understand the whole process...but I have read and read and hope to proceed with caution.

I am a bit concerned because I used Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran and I read about Al's problems with the yarn not having enough body. I keep looking at my pieces and I think they will be o.k. I will try to get some pictures up soon, maybe when I have them blocked out.

3 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Don't panic about the blocking. It's just a fancy way of saying "get the darn thing damp and lay it out the way you want it to be." Wool is very forgiving!
For the curved seam on the fronts--I took a piece of red embroidery thread and ran it through the 11th stitch in, all the way around the curve. This gave me a guideline for tacking down the hem so that I did it evenly. Then you just pull out the red thread when you are done. Good luck!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

Hey - we're at the same stage!! I finished my last stitch of knitting last night and will start blocking and sewing tonight.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger hootsister said...

I am blocking as I write this, I am going to sew the three pieces together later today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home