Friday, March 10, 2006

Never let it be said I can't follow directions


Following directions by, say, updating on my progress.

First off, hi! This is my first post here. I've been busy working... I'm making my jacket with Knit Picks's Wool of the Andes in Stream, which is really not quite as bright as it came out in my picture. It's a much deeper blue, but the room was dark and I had to use the flash, and then all weirdness happened.

I'm making the 41" size, and I'm quite jealous of the smaller sizes. I get something like 15-20 extra rows of increases. *glares* I've completed the back, and am on row 43 of the left front. I thought I was going to die on the back because of all the stockinette. So boring... I think my next project is going to have to be lacy just to recuperate from the mindlessness. Not that it's a bad thing, that is.

Look at how pretty my sunrise is? I love it! But the pattern counts are getting to be a bit much for me. K18, M1L? I can't remember that much... Then I look ahead and see that there's K40 M1L. *sigh* It's worth it. Pretty blue...

4 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger Koko said...

Jess, you knit up so neatly. am just jealous because mine is totally uneven.

I enjoyed knitting the circle part because there is a variety of increasing point but WS was quite boring.
gorgeous color!!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

I know, I'm a little scarred of all the complicated directions, but the sweater is so pretty -- I can't wait to wear it!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Mintyfresh said...

My recommendation is to stop and count and recount every time! I was constantly forgetting whether this row I would k30 between making 1 or k31. Inevitably I would get to the end of the row and have the wrong number of stitches. Keep counting; it'll be fine!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I used stitch markers on the longer repeats (like m1, k34), so that it was easier to double check my counts. Then I would pull the markers off when I purled back across the next row.
You're getting there, though, and it looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home