Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Finis!


Here's my Sunrise Circle Jacket, in Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran. While I really like the "Ivy" color (in better detail below), seeing the others you all have knitted in bright and rich tones makes me wish that I'd chosen something more colorful myself ... but I'm still very happy with mine. Haven't seen any buttons which struck my fancy yet, so, I've made some flat, oblong ovals with shanks out of clay, which my daughter's generous art teacher agreed to fire for me, and if she has the right glaze, I might use them. Until then (or until something else catches my eye), it will remain buttonless.

It is quite close-fitting, even after I blocked it out a bit, but I didn't knit this to wear over winter woolies anyway. I learned a lot in the process, and want to thank all the posters on this KAL for all the guidance and advice I've read here. This is my first knitted garment, and now that it's successfully finished, I am quite anxious to start the next one! (In a brilliant garnet, of course.)

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Mintyfresh said...

Congrats on your first knitted garments! Great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home