Friday, July 28, 2006

Getting closer!

So, I have finished and seamed the left front and the back. I cast on the right side today. So far, I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out. The seaming went pretty smoothly - I put the stitches I want to seam together on two sides of a circular needle and that seems to help my little pea brain a lot. I'm not sure which closures I want - I was thinking of knitting some frog closures (from Epstein's knitted embellishments), but I kind of like the contrast you get from using the toggles. I really liked the silver clasps that someone else used, but they might be too fancy for me. What has everyone else decided to do? Are you sticking w/ the toggles?

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

I was given a bunch of vintage buttons, and I also have the toggles I bought... now I don't know what I am going to use! There were so many of the buttons that would look nice with my jacket, so when I finish one front (which will be awhile, considering how long it's been since I've touched it), I will probably post here and see what yall think looks best!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger larissa said...

I've finished the jacket, but still deciding on buttons! I originally bought some toggle shaped buttons, but decided they don't really work with the jacket (it needs something more rustic I think). Now I'm on the lookout for some wooden toggles, just as recommended in the pattern.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

I've used two toggle shaped buttons in a contrasting colour, but I'm not completely sold on them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home