Friday, March 03, 2006

I've Started!

Finally finished my monster Olympic sweater, and squeezed in a quick little bag/case for my new MP3 player. Then I got down to business... Stitch gauge is perfect, I need to check row gauge. I chose to make size 37, and I'm taking Kate's advice and making the fronts first, so I can adjust the back if needed. I have about four inches of the left sleeve done, and it is moving quickly. I think my arms are a bit long- at least, I often wish my sleeves were half an inch longer. So I'm putting in a few extra rows in the first few repeats- I think four total will give me that extra bit without disrupting anything.



My yarn is very nice- it feels lofty, dry, and towely. Like a very dense, soft, luxurious bath towel. Cottony. Weird descriptors, I know. I'm going to like it. The color is not as tomato-y as it appears in these photos, it's a very cool toned red with flecks of white-to-pink and black.

I have two sets of buttons that I liked. One is a contoured oval, the other is a black toggle with a silver inset. Which do you like better? I'm leaning toward the black.



KnitPicks has just released a few new lines of yarn- Shine Worsted, which may be too drapey for this jacket, and Main Line, which could be perfect. I've ordered a ball of Main Line to swatch, so I'll let you all know if it's a possibility.

7 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger hootsister said...

I love the black buttons!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Sandy J said...

I love the color of this yarn. It should turn out great!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Koko said...

I love the black one too! It's just gorgeous and chic!

Actually, my arms are short so, I knitted just 20 rows after increasing.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sadie Vae said...

I am totally on the side of the oval buttons! Not only do I like them better, IMHO it will give you more flexibility in what you can wear it with...khakis and browns wouldn't work as well with your black. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Jackie C. said...

It's lovely. What kind of yarn are you using?

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Jackie C. said...

My vote is for the black buttons!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger MissyJoon said...

Black buttons-----lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home